There are so many different styles, designs and material choices when it comes to kitchens, but granite countertops are perhaps one of the most notable features of a fantastic kitchen. While other countertop materials such as vinyl, stainless steel and tile are all common choices, granite stands out for its visual appeal and its popularity in kitchen layouts of all kinds. There are several reasons why so many people choose granite counters in Northern Minnesota for their homes instead of other countertop materials:
- Durability: Granite is an incredibly hard and solid type of material. It is an ideal option for kitchens because it is great at withstanding chips, scratches and cracks and because it is resistant to heat. Although it’s best not to make a habit of it, occasionally placing a hot pan or pot down on a granite surface will not lead to the kinds of damage that would be seen with vinyl, laminate or wooden countertops.
- Easy maintenance: When it comes to stain and bacteria resistance, granite is an exceptional choice. A granite countertop that is sealed properly is highly resistant to germs and stains as long as the surface is properly maintained. Cleaning granite is easy and convenient, and can be done with warm soapy water and a washcloth.
- Improved home value: The widespread popularity of granite for kitchen countertops means that it can do wonders for the value of your home. Granite surfaces are a luxury that potential homebuyers often search for because of the quality of the surface as well as its overall visual appeal. Beautiful granite countertops in the kitchen could be the feature that makes your home stand out above the rest of the market, and might even be the determining factor that gets your house sold.
- Long lasting: While other countertop options might be less expensive upfront, granite is a long-term investment that lasts for decades. Laminate, wood and even quartz can all deteriorate over time and will require replacement sooner rather than later. High quality, professionally installed and properly set granite counters in Northern Minnesota may last for over 30 years, which means that they are likely to be the only countertops you ever need in your home.
- Aesthetic appeal: The beautiful appearance of granite is the reason why so many people have chosen to use this material in their homes. The natural hues and stunning textures of granite distinguish it from so many other materials. Installing granite in your home can completely transform the visual appeal and style of your space. There are so many different types of granite to choose from to fit your specific style and preferences.
Find exceptional granite counters in Northern Minnesota
If you want to bring the beauty and appeal of granite countertops into your home, contact L & L Granite Countertops. We provide high quality custom granite services that are catered to the needs, preferences and vision of our customers. For years, we have been committed to the satisfaction of our customers and the quality of the job that we provide. For more information about everything that we do or to get started with a free quote from our professional granite specialists, give us a call today.