Remodeling your kitchen is a great way to give your home a fresh new look while simultaneously boosting its resale value. Installing new kitchen countertops in northern MN is a staple of a kitchen remodel, and can usually be done within a day. But which material should you use? Although the options you have to choose from seem to be limitless, there’s really only one choice when it comes to installing new countertops: granite! Here are just a few of the many reasons why installing granite countertops is one of the best things you can do as a homeowner:
- Granite adds the most value: All remodels will add value to your home. However, granite’s beautiful appearance and quality adds the most resale value to your home. If you’re remodeling simply to get more money out of your home when you sell, use the material that’ll give you the most bang for your buck. Even though granite is a bit more expensive than other materials, you’ll make that money back (and then some) when you sell.
- Granite is durable: Kitchen countertops in northern MN take a beating day in and day out. Install a material that’ll stand up to the test. Feel free to do some heavy-duty cooking without worrying about damaging your granite counters. Thick slabs of granite are practically invincible; you can actually feel free to cut meat and vegetables right on the countertop without fear of scratching or chipping the stone. Unlike other countertop materials like butcher block, granite counters won’t stain if any liquid spills on them. To really ensure your countertops stay perfect, we’ll apply a protective coating to the top of the granite.
- Granite is heat resistant: There’s no need to search for a safe place to put a hot pan or pot if you have granite countertops! The durable stone won’t be damaged by heat—or by extreme cold, for that matter.
- Granite is naturally beautiful: A large part of granite’s popularity is due to the fact that it’s just beautiful! The natural beauty of granite is unmatched by any other countertop material. Granite also comes in a wide variety of colors; there’s literally a color of granite to match any kitchen in any home.
- Granite is timeless: Granite countertops have been popular for decades in homes across the globe. You can rest assured that they’ll never go out of style.
- Granite is less dirty and easy to clean: Granite is non-porous, so dirt and germs have nowhere to hide when it’s time to clean up. A quick wipe with warm, soapy water after cooking will thoroughly clean the whole countertop in a matter of seconds. There’s no need to go out and buy expensive and abrasive counter cleaners to get the job done.
Give the friendly team at L & L Granite Countertops a call today to learn more about all of our granite products or to schedule an installation consultation. We offer free estimates to anyone who is considering installing great new granite kitchen countertops in northern MN!