After you have selected a countertop style, color and size, there is one more very important customization that you will have to make to complete the look. Although many people select countertop edges as an afterthought, they can actually enhance the appeal of your kitchen. By devoting meaningful time to selecting custom granite edges in Northern MN, you can create a final look that adds character to your kitchen while reflecting your personal style. Here are some of the custom granite edge options that can add the finishing touches to your countertop:
- Demi bullnose: This design features a rounded edge that goes flat underneath the surface, and can be added to any type of granite countertop for added flair. In addition, it also makes the granite appear to be thicker, giving your countertop a fuller look. This type of edge is also beneficial in controlling the flow of any spills or liquid runoff, providing a smooth edge for easy cleaning.
- Full bullnose: A full bullnose countertop edge is completely rounded on all sides, with a more pronounced edge that curves on the top and the bottom. This is a particularly good option if you have young children, because the roundness of the edge is ideal for preventing cuts and other accidents.
- Half bullnose: The half bullnose edge is also rounded, but unlike the other bullnose countertops, the top half is completely rounded. Whereas the demi bullnose has a slightly more distinct edge that creates a sharper angled look, the half bullnose possesses a softer roundness that creates a fuller look. Because of this softer roundness, more surface area of your granite is actually on display.
- Ogee: This type of edge is considered to be the most elegant option, and is one of the most visually noticeable types of countertop edges. Featuring a concave and convex arch with a flat bottom, this is the countertop you select if you want to make a bold statement. The ogee edge can completely transform the look of your countertop, and if you are willing to spend a few extra dollars, this countertop will definitely leave an impression on your guests.
- Eased: The eased style is the most simplistic option available, and can be found on most standard granite countertops. If you are going for a look that provides you with the most functionality, this is your best choice. The design features squared edges on each side, with a small amount of roundness added to each edge for safety. This is the most commonly used edge style because it is the most cost-effective, and the simplicity allows for easy cleaning and maintenance.
Custom granite edges in Northern MN, just like any countertop customization, should be chosen with your specific needs in mind. L & L Granite Countertops can help you assess which type of countertop edge is best for you and your family, and get you on your way to the perfect kitchen. Come visit us today to browse our stock and speak to an expert!