Looking to upgrade your bathroom countertops in northern MN? It can get a little overwhelming to research the many options you have available to you in terms of countertop material. However, there’s a reason why granite has become one of the most popular: it’s a high-quality material that’s built to look great long into the future.
Here are just a few reasons why you should choose granite countertops when you are remodeling your bathroom:
- Value: Granite has an undeniably elegant, beautiful appearance. If you are looking for a great way to improve the value of your home, look no further than granite countertops. They have a timeless appearance and are seen as a luxury item by many potential homebuyers. In fact, many people who are looking to sell their homes install granite countertops as a way to up their market value.
- Durability: Granite is extremely tough. Given the heavy use a bathroom countertop experiences on a daily basis, you want to make sure you have a material that will stand the test of time and not have to be replaced just a few years down the road.
- More sanitary: Less bacteria and dirt stay on granite countertops compared to other materials. Because granite is really sleek and does not have any pores, it does not act as a bacteria trap in the same way other options do. Therefore, if you have spills or simply need to do some cleaning, you will be able to do so easily without having to worry about whether it is sanitary.
- Easy cleaning: Speaking of cleaning, keeping a granite countertop looking great is extremely easy. This is important for bathrooms, where there are all different types of pollutants that could easily make your countertop look filthy if you aren’t careful. All you need to do is wipe the surface with a soft towel and warm water and it will stay looking great.
- Natural appearance: Many people like to go for a more natural look in their bathrooms, as they find it to be soothing and attractive, especially when paired with neutral paint colors and the sound of running water. Granite fits the bill for this type of aesthetic, as it maintains the natural grains and characteristics so beloved in granite while being polished and smooth for an attractive surface.
- Versatile: Even if you aren’t going for an entirely natural aesthetic in your bathroom, that’s okay! Granite is an extremely versatile material, capable of being paired with just about any type of design. This is yet another reason why so many people use it in their bathrooms and kitchens.
These are just a few reasons you should consider granite for your bathroom countertops in northern MN. Though granite is a slightly more expensive initial investment than many other types of countertop materials, its incredible durability and sheer beauty make it more than worth it, as you’ll have a beautiful countertop for many years to come. Contact L & L Granite Countertops to learn more!